Refractive Surgery is also known as:
- Laser Vision Correction
Refractive Surgery is an eye surgery used to improve the refractive state of the eye and decrease or eliminate dependency on glasses and contact lenses. This can include various methods of surgical remodeling of the cornea or cataract surgery. The most common methods today use excimer lasers to reshape curvature of the cornea. Successful refractive eye surgery can reduce or cure common vision disorders such myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. The value of enhancing ones quality of life with Refractive Surgery is well worth the investment.
If you identify with any of the following statements, you could be a good candidate for Refractive Surgery.
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I have a stable refraction.
- I require glasses or contact lenses for distance, near, or both.
- I want LASIK for career reasons. Having something on my face all day is not conducive to my career.
- I want to enrich my lifestyle. I love to hike, fish, swim, workout, enjoy the outdoors and any leisure activity.
- I would like to reduce my dependence on glasses and/or contact lenses.
- I think I look better without glasses and do not like contact lenses.
- I want to save money and time, not to mention I want ONE less thing to worry about.
These are the common reasons men and women want Laser Vision Correction. However, it is an important decision to make. Dr. Hubickey is a skilled and experienced surgeon that will find the best option for you. He has performed thousands of successful surgeries with exceptional outcomes.